Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison

Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison


This is my first time doing a makeup-related review, so please bear with me guys. I use makeup occasionally on events and during cosplay shoots and conventions - I am no expert with these things and this is just my opinion after using the product.


Silicone Sponge is one of the innovative product launched late last year by different brands that was dubbed to replaced the beauty blender.


The main selling point was that it doesn't suck up your makeup and ensures every drop of it is applied on your skin - hence, making your bottle last longer.


I recently got this Silisponge from someone who had it shipped from Japan. I was told it was a Molly Cosmetics brand.


This got me asking friends with what they know about this silicone sponge and if they used it themselves. They told me that it was messy to use and you can get a cheap one at Divisoria.


I wanted to compare both products to see what's the difference between the two, so I bought one from Divisoria as well.


=Visual Comparison=


Here's the two side by side:


Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison


They noticeably have the same zip lock packaging and look.


Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison


Looking closely, both seem to have different surface. And there's a slight sampaguita-scent on the Molly brand whereas the Divisoria has no scent at all.


Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison


Putting the two silisponges together, you can now see more difference between the two. Divisoria brand looks a bit cloudy and the Molly brand has a clearer transparency.


Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison


Here's a quick video of the silicone sponge from Divisoria:



And here's a quick video of the Silisponge from Molly Cosmetics



=Performance Comparison=


For this review, I'm using these two to test their performance. I'll be using a water-based foundation from Ever Bilena and a two-way cake to set.


Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison


The consistency of this foundation is very thin and covers lots of areas.


You can see how the makeup just spreads out on the surface like so.


Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison


My skin is oily and using the Molly silisponge felt more like a clean skin dabbing the makeup on my face. It was just a dot of foundation but I was able to cover half of my right cheek with it right away.


The Divisoria brand on the other hand is quite the same only that the sponge's feel is not as smooth as you dab it on your skin and the makeup took longer to stick on my face and I had to spread it out more times to cover the other side of my cheek. I used almost one pump of makeup with this.


Both the sponges did not suck up any makeup as expected and no makeup was wasted.


The messy part seems to be correct for the Divisoria brand. And I used lesser makeup with the Molly brand.


Here's my face with applied foundation:


Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison


Do take note though, I put the makeup on my hand first and dabbed the silisponges on it before applying it on my face. I did not put the the makeup directly on the sponges.


Here's my face after setting it with the two way cake using the regular sponge that comes with it.


Silicone Sponge Review - Divisoria Brand and Molly Cosmetics Comparison


I have noticed that the cake was evenly spread out on the Molly side than the other side. But I applied cake twice on the Divisoria brand side to get an even finish.


=Overall Rating=


Divisoria Brand Molly Cosmetics Brand
Feel 2/5 4/5
Make-up Consumption 3/5 5/5
Coverage 3/5 5/5
Clean-up 5/5 5/5
Storage 3/5 3/5


Feel - the overall feel of the Molly brand is more comfortable than the Divisoria brand. Though I think you can get used to the feeling in time. I'm still not sure about the sturdiness of each of the item, I'll try to use both as much and update this post in the future.


Make-up Consumption - the Divisoria brand had consumed more make-up than the Molly Brand. I used one pump for each test and I almost used all of it using the Divisoria brand, whereas I barely used half of it with the Molly brand.


Coverage - I used a water based foundation for easier coverage but I think the Molly brand won this part. I was able to apply the makeup on my face with almost no repetition on strokes using Molly whereas I applied the makeup twice using the Divisoria brand.


Clean-up - It's a tie on this part. Both are easy to clean. As there is almost close to no left-over make-up on the sponge, you can just wipe the residue off the silisponge with a wet/dry tissue and store it back again on it's zip lock bag. Cleaning up the silisponges with warm water is advised too, to get rid of any thriving what-nots in time.


Storage - I'm not really a fan of how the product is stored. Though it is easy to clean, I think the zip lock bags can wore out easily.


Both of the products are subject for your preference.


I see no cons for each of the product and both has delivered its purpose.


As for the pricing, the Molly brand ranges from P490.00 to P600.00 per piece ($9.90 - $12.00). The Divisoria brand you can buy at P55.00 per piece, and some are resells it at P200.00 to P250.00 each.


I hope this review has given you guys more information and better judgement on want silisponge to use.


Thanks for reading all the way through! For questions, you can leave me a comment below. :D

No comments:


Powered by Blogger.