Geek+Pop 2023 | OKK Launch!

Geek+Pop 2023 | OKK Launch!


I have successfully convinced my friends to come try tabling with me at cosplay conventions and events. This time, we get to participate as a collective!



We decided to join in at Geek+Pop's first event at Ayala Circuit Makati and booked in a table right away.


Booking in the booth space came first before we even had a group name. We all talked about it for a good while and came up with the name OKK! I ran through Canva created our logo and signed up all our socials, it was a long fun night.


Geek+Pop 2023 | OKK Launch!


On to the preparation for the event, since I was the only one coming from the south, I decided not to sell this time and just accompany them to the booth. All the booth panels are with me anyway so I had to be with them on ingress and egress. We also printed out a tarpaulin to decorate our table accordingly.


Beyond the booth

Geek+Pop 2023 | Power Cosplay
It was a two-day convention at the events place area at Ayala Circuit Makati. Our booth was surprisingly located at a corner so we had ample space for everything. We even extended our space since our supposed-to-be neighbor's table was not booked, of course, we shared it with the next merchant too! 


The booth also has the perfect view of the stage so we were able to see all the activities without leaving our area. 



Cosplay, and Fun

Even though the event is free admission, it never felt too crowded or too congested. Foot traffic was good and so were the sales! It was good to see some of the tables were cleared out even before the end of the event proper.


Geek+Pop 2023 | Tony Tony Chopper Cosplay Geek+Pop 2023 | Tony Tony Chopper Cosplay


I tried wearing a casual version of my Chopper set on the second day and I wore my Power cosplay on the first day. I even got to play a game on stage. It was really fun for all ages.


Geek+Pop 2023 | Power Cosplay


The event was filled with loads of fun activities for everyone - cosplayers, photographers, commoners, or even people who are passing by. This is one of the chill and relaxed conventions we have participated in. A big kudos to the organizers, hosts, and fellow merchants! We will definitely participate in Geek+Pop events in the future!


No comments:


Powered by Blogger.