Grey's Anatomy: Honest Review (Rewatch and Catch-up)

Grey's Anatomy: Honest Review
Source: https://greys-abc.tumblr.com/


Series Info:
2005 | Drama | 17 Seasons
Status: On-Going


Synopsis

Grey's Anatomy is a medical drama that mainly focuses on the life of Meredith Grey and her journey being an outstanding surgeon that she is.


*spoilers if you are not updated or have not yet seen the series*.


Grey's Anatomy: Honest Review
Source: https://robinbuckelys.tumblr.com/


Overview

I have watched the series on cable before and I stopped just at the time when George died. It's like I mourned because he was my favorite character at the time.


Just a few months ago I stumbled upon a post on their Facebook Page about teasers of the last season and so I decided to re-watch everything again.


Boy, it was a roller coaster of emotion!


Season 1 is always the best - you see those young characters all gleaming and learning, and episode after episode you see their character grow and mature.


Grey's Anatomy: Honest Review
Source: https://www.pinterest.ph/pin/582864376764791367/


I got really invested with the friendship that the five main characters have built overtime. I admit, I really didn't want anybody to leave the series. So when George was the first to leave I really felt the pain - with tears and all. I remembered the sadness and anger I had and the main reason why I stopped watching the series.


I didn't stopped this time tho. So from the last episode of O'Malley, everything was a surprise for me, literally everything.


I love it when they introduced Lexie because they were able to tell and connect the story of their Father, Thatcher.


Grey's Anatomy: Honest Review
Source: https://thoughtsyouread.tumblr.com/


It was running for seasons but I appreciate how they were able to tell the backstory of Ellis and Thatcher, how they became who they are in the present and how they were the biggest influence to Meredith. Their story tells us really that heartbreaks can either make us or break us.


I guess the main part that kept me watching the series was me wanting the five main characters to have the best life. I was rooting for George then but as episodes passed, I grew fond of Cristina and how this strong woman deserves the world among all of them despite her cold exterior.


Grey's Anatomy: Honest Review
Source: https://forbescaroline.tumblr.com//


Izzie was my least favorite because she hurt my two boys, Georgie and Alex. The only thing that would be "relatable" and I guess her saving grace was that she was a teen mom who pursued to be a surgeon to have a better life. But then again, I guess her character was too selfish for me. I am all for "getting your own happiness", but selfishness and recklessness was never a good combination.


Now to Alex, the "blacksheep" of the group. We always have that misunderstood dude who doesn't have friends and make fun of people around him - yeah, that's Alex. I have a soft heart for bad boys, because you know bad boys are only bad because of their experiences and Alex had a lot on his plate since he was a kid!


Grey's Anatomy: Honest Review
Source: https://greysanatomy-station19addict.tumblr.com/


The character development of Alex Karev is one of the best if not THE BEST among all of them. Could you imagine an angry-raging guy became the Head of Pediatric Surgery? He even became the Interim Chief of Surgery for a short time and both Miranda and Webber admitted that he did a waaaay more better job than they do. lol


What I Love

  • I always love a group of characters with extremely different personalities that somehow are compatible with each other - platonically.
  • I love how they showed how tiring the Yang and Hunt relationship is. And how Cristina was able to get out of it on her own volition.
  • I love the Derek and Addison's post=marriage relationship - how they were still open on talking about personal things about their own lives.
  • Bailey NUMBER ONE!!!!
  • I always love when Addison visits them at the hospital. She's like a ray of sunshine everytime she shows up. :)
  • I love how they gave Cristina what she deserves - a closure with Burke and her own hospital.
  • I love how they made Meredith strong despite losing the things she loves. Having both of the twisted sisters become the strong women they were meant to brought such joy in my heart.


Grey's Anatomy: Honest Review
Source: https://dearemma.tumblr.com/


What I Hate

  • I hate that they have to kill Georgie. TT__TT
  • I hate the Izzie and Denny love story. Izzie doesn't deserve a Denny.
  • I hate that they didn't gave Alex a chance to have kids.
  • I just hate Jo - I - j u s t - h a t e - h e r.
  • I also JUST hate Amelia. The negativity of her personality is just oozing.
  • I hate that they have to let go of Sloan and Lexie that way.


Grey's Anatomy: Honest Review
Source: https://jewddewd-blog.tumblr.com/


Things I Hope Could've Happened

  • I wanted George to actually join the military and be a successful trauma surgeon.
  • I wished they didn't made Izzie selfish.
  • I wished they didn't introduced a new sister to Meredith.
  • I wanted Owen to find his peace and not to base his happiness with his partner's happiness.
  • I wished Izzie and Alex's love story at least ended on a good note.
  • I wished they didn't killed off Derek.


Overall Rating

Just in those 15 seasons I have re-watched at Netflix, overall, the series is 4.5/5 stars for me. If you are someone who is not good at letting go characters in a story, your heart will be BROKEN here. I know my rating will change once I watch the last two seasons but for now I am recommending this to you if you like watching medical drama, slight comedy on the side and if you love those "what I learn today bits" at the end of every episode.


Where To Watch

Legally support and watch Grey's Anatomy at Netflix and binge watch here:


https://www.netflix.com/ph/title/70140391


No comments:


Powered by Blogger.