Why I loved Netflix's Live Adaptation of Cowboy Bebop?

Why I loved Netflix's Live Adaptation of Cowboy Bebop?

If you are not familiar, Cowboy Bebop is originally an anime that's been around for over 20 years. So, it was with great anticipation that fans awaited Netflix’s live-action adaptation. It had a ton of hate at reddit and some review sites but all I can read about was people comparing everything to the anime!

In case some people don't know, ADAPTATION is sourcing something to be presented on a different medium - e.g. book, movie, play - and in this case, an anime.

First off - I'm just an enthusiast, so don't come at me with your "professional" terms and "expertise" with live adaptation. I watch something I like and I'll say I like it! In case you are looking for a good reason why you should watch it (whether you've watched the anime or not), here are four good reasons why you should give a chance to watch it!

1) The Cast Was Perfect


The cast was perfect! The actors captured the essence of the characters perfectly, and they all looked amazing. They really brought the story to life. The streetwise Spike Spiegel was played by John Cho, the beautiful Faye Valentine was played by Daniella Pineda, and the lovable Ein was voiced by Alex Hassell.

2) The Setting Was Beautiful


The setting was just perfect! The filming took place on different locations around Auckland, New Zealand and it perfectly captured the essence of Cowboy Bebop. The space sets and spaceships were realistic and detailed, and the costumes were perfect (as a cosplayer I know what I'm saying on this part). It's a series that needs your full attention and I appeciate the special effects too!

3) The Action Was Thrilling


The action was thrilling and blood spillage is just the right amount. The fight scenes were choreographed perfectly, the gunfights were exciting and the guns themselves look so cool. I especially love that scene were Spike and Faye were arguing who will turn over a bounty..

4) It Stayed True to the Original


The story was faithful to the original Cowboy Bebop storyline, and I loved it. The plot was well-paced, and the characters were well-developed. There is no need to compare every single thing to the anime and as an adaptation, I appreciate how they captured their personalities, gestures, posture and even the way they talk.

And I will talk about the score - the music - it's PERFECT!!! Involving Yoko Kanno in this series is just as important as picking the right actors to play the role. She captured the essence of Cowboy Bebop and translated it with music which is so so perfect!


Last thoughts

For me, Netflix's live adaptation of Cowboy Bebop was a stunning success! The cast was perfect, the setting was beautiful, and the action was thrilling, Cowboy Bebop had everything you could want in an action series. If you haven’t seen it yet, go watch it on Netflix now!

xoxo


Sources:

No comments:


Powered by Blogger.