Thank you, Amazon - Work from Home, Next!

Thank you, Amazon - Work from Home, Next!


Taking risks again.



I just ended my job with Amazon last week. Though I have informed my immediate supervisor beforehand that I was actively looking for the same job I previously had, I submitted an immediate resignation with a week's notice.


I didn't want to burn bridges with anybody, I honestly told them my reasons and Amazon didn't really made anything wrong. In fact, I could've stayed for years if only I haven't earned what I have been earning before at digital marketing.


Thank you, Amazon - Work from Home, Next!
Teletech Bacoor 2011 - Team Joe | Photo: Joe San Juan


A little back story - I started working with a BPO company after college. Jumped to another BPO company until I landed I job that was fit with the field I have studied my college with. I had my eyes on building my career on this one and really, the pay is good and the work you do is not as stressful as what you have in a BPO company.


It just came that time, that loyalty didn't brought me anything good and I found myself applying with random BPO companies again that would somehow feed me, my family and my dogs. I easily got in with Amazon. And boy, my thoughts were - "I think this is my last company." -- it was really cheery and organized, everything was better than what I knew a BPO company was. I didn't even mind the offered pay rate at that time.


Thank you, Amazon - Work from Home, Next!
EndlessRise 2013 | Whitelabel SEO Company


Moving forward, the pandemic time came - this was almost 2 months being hired with Amazon. Everybody was locked in their houses and we were getting paid for just staying indoors. This ran for a good 2-3 months until the government announced that they are allowing skeletal workforce to report to work. We were spoiled, we've got shuttle vans that would pick us up at our houses and buses en route to work. We also had free lunch and they offered transportation allowance to those who have their own vehicles. It was really a good time to be with Amazon.


But yeah - I was just not contented. I was taken good cared of by my company but I felt that I am not taking care of my family that much anymore. We were eating lesser, I could not even go to the hospital for a random checkup, nor I could have my dogs checked up to their vet if something wrong happens - and the worst is I am not saving anything; I am literally just spending every dime I have on house expenses and food.


Thank you, Amazon - Work from Home, Next!
Amazon | Project Caracara


Seeing our empty pantry and stock pile, I have decided to try my luck again with digital marketing. I admit that I was not really confident if someone would see my profile that competent enough to hire me nor offer me the pay rate I was aiming for but I still tried my luck. My older sister was always reminding me that the right platform to look for work is at LinkedIn, because it's like the Facebook for professionals and the profiles are legit - and so I did. I had to retrieve my profile first because I had one setup before from my previous company and I don't want to have multiple profiles here. The very moment I logged in to my LinkedIn profile and updated my job status, someone sent me a message and I responded back as quickly as I could.


It was the fastest hiring process I have ever experienced. I got a job offer in less than a week and now I am just waiting for my orientation day and start my work-from-home journey.


There is still a bit of fear in me on this new path I am about to take. I would definitely miss my newest friends at Amazon and my everyday elevator selfies.


Thank you, Amazon - Work from Home, Next! Thank you, Amazon - Work from Home, Next!


Now, I am just praying that this will last for a long time. I envy people for staying with their companies for more than 10 years and I still want that to happen to me too and I hope I am not late in the game.


For those who are still struggling - I always advice them to try. Do not be afraid to try - you will never know who will appreciate your small accomplishments if you don't. Do not be afraid of the requirements and just try your luck!


If you are one of my ex co-workers reading this, hello! I hope you are doing well and content with your jobs - I hope I'd be with mine.


For everyone, I hope you all stay healthy! If travelling for work seems to be a current risk to you or your family's health, I assure you, there are tons of work-at-home jobs that would fit your profile, you just have to have the right resources and the right spot to look for it. Keep striving for success! And please keep safe everyone!


No comments:


Powered by Blogger.