The Beacon MNL: HairX

The Beacon MNL: HairX

***This is not a  paid content***


This is my first-time 'shaving off' my leg hairs, it was an exciting experience!


I have always been hesitant of using wax because I have really thin skin, that's why I was so thrilled when I discovered this product. 


This product has been showing up on my feeds for some time and I forwarded it to my sister too. Sister-chan bought her set first and gave it a try. She has been using an epilator and wanted to try an alternative.


She did review that this product works and I ordered mine as soon as I can!



What is The Beacon™ HairX?

HairX is one of the main products from The Beacon MNL. It promises painless hair removal, reusable and washable.



It comes in two colors, black and gold; of course, I got the gold one!



Unboxing HairX from The Beacon MNL

The box came in as a care package. It contains a small loofa, an exfoliating scrub, the HairX, and a velvet pouch for it.


Watch my silent unboxing and mini product test below:



Using HairX for the first time

The surface of HairX feels like a smoother version of a sandpaper, it's like that feel of a stone that your Lola picked from the river and used as a body scrub. lol


I quickly tried it on my knuckles (as seen in the video above), and it did remove the hairs as it should. Didn't feel any pain, only that it was hard at first cause the instruction said to move the product in a circular motion, and there's not so much motion you can do on the surface area of a knuckle.


The Beacon MNL: HairX

Trying HairX on my legs

So, I tried the product on my legs which have more surface area and longer strands of hair. I enjoyed it so much! As a said to my sisters, it's quite therapeutic. I ended up doing half of both my legs in one sitting while watching Netflix. haha!


Is The Beacon™ HairX actually painless?

I am proud to say that I have high pain tolerance and I usually don't get bothered with pain. In general, the product IS painless. Now, this is the first time, so the pain sensation of scrubbing off hairs on my leg is new. I felt about 3/10 pain around the shin area where the hair was longer and thicker. The thin hair at the sides, especially when you reach the thigh areas are not painful at all.


Is The Beacon™ HairX actually painless?


Maybe the only con I could think about is that it takes a longer time to remove the hair on the soft parts, maybe because the surface is not that flat or tight enough. But overall, it does its job.



Overall review and thoughts on The Beacon™ HairX

General claim

It is generally painless. They are advertising what they actually promise and that is good.



Hair growth, when should I use it again?

There is visible hair growth in about 2-3 days. Since you technically just rubbed off the surface, the roots will grow faster. I haven't tried waxing or shaving before, but with the sense of it, waxing would have longer hair growth visibility than HairX.


I tried using it for the 2nd time after a week (exactly 7 days) and it took me a long time since the hair that I was scrubbing was not that long yet. Also, I got lost track of the circular motion thingy and sometimes just do up and down motion making the process longer. Now, the instructions clearly says "firmly rub", and I say at the second time using it you will indeed need to rub it firmly. Also to note, there's a bit of a sting on my 2nd use, maybe it's because I have thin skin but I am not sure.


Just in the future, I would prefer to use it when there's an occasion or when the hair strands are longer. I don't recommend using it on a weekly basis especially if you have thin skin like me.




Ease of use and care

It's really easy to use! Washing and storing it is easy too. Once you are done using it, just run water through it and wipe of the dirt with your hands, no need to use soap! No need to wipe a dry cloth on it either cause it dries really fast. But just always remember to have a clean surface before using it.


Quick Side Note: The Beacon™ HairX can only be used on your chest, back, legs, arms, bikini area and knuckles.

After rub care

I did rinse my legs with just water to rid of the hair particles, lol. And applied a good amount of petroleum jelly to my legs. I also covered them with leg warmers for a good hour or two (best if you sleep on them), and it feels nicely soft!



Consider The Beacon™ HairX as your alternative

HairX can be something you can easily bring if you are traveling and if you quickly need something to rid off that unwanted hair


Check out their shop to see if it's available. They only release a limited number of stocks, so you might not see them on their product list when you visit.


Check The Beacon MNL socials to stay updated on the availability of their products:



xoxo

No comments:


Powered by Blogger.