It's expensive to be a girl - especially if you are 'balbon'!

On my online dating profile, I would always add in "boyish but can also be girly when needed" - and it's quite true. 😅 I'm literally low maintenance and rarely spend money on beauty products, but I have the essential care like moisturizers and sunblock.


I've always been interested on trying hair waxing, threading, paraffin, acrylic nails, etc. Ultimately, one of the things I really wanted to try is professionally bleaching my full hair.


It was also recently that I have removed my hair legs, it was really a fun experience. And this weekend, I'm trying more things! It's my me time!



Trying out facial hair threading

It's expensive to be a girl - especially if you are 'balbon'! Yes! You see, I'm 'balbon', so I do have extra facial hair than most girls. You might have seen some western movies where some girls shave or wax their upper lip because it is true - maybe a lot less than the bearded lady, but you have an idea.


Maybe people saying something about removing unwanted hair made me hesitant to try. There's always that "if you shave them off, the hair will go back thicker and gets long faster than usual" - plus I have very thin skin! At the end of the day it still boils down to preference: hair or no hair.


I never got interested on things like this, but that smooth feeling of hair-free legs is really nice. I also loved how it felt like it's the first time I'm seeing my legs. You may some old kid bruises I've had but for me it definitely looks nicer to look at. Makes me want to wear more dresses in the future too!


Mom also said that my legs are getting makinis (smooth) lately, kinda reminds me of my elementary classmate who randomly said to me "alam mo, pag tinanggal mo siguro lahat ng balbon mo, baka pumuti ka" (you know, you might get fairer skin if you remove all your unwanted hair). P.S. -- I am relatively brown skinned. 😅


Hey Sugar!| It's expensive to be a girl - especially if you are 'balbon'!

Today, I'm trying this hair removal thingy at Hey Sugar! - the nearest one in my area. Hey Sugar is a waxing salon that offers organic and all-natural waxing option. Google's algorithm is so good that it led me to one of their ads about booking an appointment first before dropping by for any service.


I actually heard it from sister-schwan that facial threading is actually a thing and honestly I didn't mind my facial hair before but I thought I'd give it a try.



The facial threading experience

Before we started, the tech applied moisturizer and said that there's a bit of pain. I told her as long as there's no blood I'm fine with it.


Pain level is manageable (for me), if you can pluck your eyebrows then this is less painful. If you wax any part of your body this is literally painless.


It was like plucking but faster, and the sound of the thread was like trimming grass. I felt my skin got numb around few minutes when the session started which I didn't mind cause it felt sort of satisfying!


Overall though, it was a very pleasing experience and I would definitely add this to my maintenance list. :)



Trying out eyelash perming

Next on my apointment at Hey Sugar! today is eyelash perming!


This is something I was meaning to try because I have generally thick eyebrows, and I always like them when it's curled. Also, since I have uneven eyelids, this might help to somehow lessen the difference.


Hey Sugar! | It's expensive to be a girl - especially if you are 'balbon'!

I clearly said to my technician that I'm trying everything for the first time. She had really light hands and very informative! She told me right away that the procedure takes an hour to complete and I can't open my eyes until she says so.


It was a nice nap and they even closed the lights. I'm glad I was not ticklish on the eye as my lids was constanly being rubbed and touched by someone else. It was a weird feeling when I opened my eyes but I am happy with the result. Might try extensions next time.😁


At first, the partition of the eyelashes are visible. And you can't wash it or put mascara on it for 12hrs for your lashes to absorb the perm solution. By the time I got home, I just comb the strands separately and it looks cuter!



Quick Tip! It's highly recommended to not wear contact lenses when you do eyelash perming.


Crown care - aka, your head hair

If you are balbon, most likely you have thick hair too! And if you have thick hair, if it's wavy to curly, it needs extra care than a long straight one.


I have thick and wavy (sometimes fuzzy) hair. I usually maintain mine with an annual rebond, but when I started DIY bleaching I stopped doing it and got obsessed on keratin treatments instead.


Bench Fix | It's expensive to be a girl - especially if you are 'balbon'!

One of my hair goals is to have my full head bleached professionally. I was ready to do it today -- but I changed my mind the last minute and just went with a permanent color and a treatment.


I kind of got scared when I was at the salon. I was looking at the hair dressers' bleached hair and I thought, it's just too expensive to maintain it.


I wanted to try a lighter color but the hairstylist said it can't be achieved with unbleached hair, so I chose the lightest brown color from their book to get at least a different shade.


A little more time to kill as I sat there finishing a 2-hour long movie and more. I'm so glad I brought my headset with me or else I'll be bored to death or sleep again. But it was really nice to have someone tend to your hair.


I super looove the head massage during the treatment part. It felt like a reward after all the waiting! I also love their chair at the washing and rinsing station. I think this Bench Fix Salon branch would be my go to salon from now on.



You are you're Queen!

It's always nice to pamper yourself once in a while. Alot a "me time" or a "girlfriend time" if you want to spend it friends. It's a cool way to relieve stress and be extra beautiful in the process.


Whether balbon or not, be sure to take care of yourself. Self-care maybe overrated, but you are the best person to take care of yourself and that's a fact!


Go Queen!



xoxo

No comments:


Powered by Blogger.